16 April 2014

Bye Bye Kini

There are some inanimate things that change your life in such a drastic manner that one often feels that they will always be a part of your life. However these things also have a shelf life and my beloved Kinetic Honda is one such item.
The Kini was presented to me by my father when I was 16 years old. It was bought to help me get to my 12th class tuition classes without having to waste time in the Pune Municipal Transport buses. The first person I ever gave a ride to was Celina, in Babina.
Over the years, and there have been many, I have used this vehicle in over 7 cities and it has borne silent witness to my life. However in the last year or so which happens to be the 19th year running, it had been giving me some trouble.
So finally I am getting ready to send the Kini back home, where it will live in semi-retirement on the farmhouse. Will miss this important part of my life, but am thankful for the many years we had together!

No comments:

Post a Comment